Dr. Tim Langen is one of two advisors this semester that demonstrated the qualities associated with outstanding undergraduate student advising.
To win the award, an advisor has the following characteristics:
- Demonstration of a caring attitude toward students
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Monitoring of student progress toward academic and life goals
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to engage in developmental advising (career and life planning)
- Behavior designed to build a strong relationship with students
- Availability to students and other advisors
- Frequency of contact with students
- Enhancing programs for the direct benefit of students
Advisors can be nominated by a student, alumni, administrator, department head/chair, supervisor, faculty member, or colleague.
Dr. Langen is an Associate Professor of Russian and the Director of Undergraduate Studies in Russian.